The JACGP Committee sponsors a design contest for the cover of the program booklet for the Annual Awards Banquet held on the second Saturday in June. Students may enter a design for this contest whether or not they apply for a scholarship.
The design for this contest may be an illustration, photograph, graphic design or a combination of thereof.
- You are a graduating high school senior residing in the Denver, Colorado Metropolitan area who is either an American citizen of Japanese ancestry or an American citizen whose legal parent(s) is/are of Japanese ancestry, OR
- You are a graduating high school senior of Japanese ancestry residing in the Denver, Colorado Metropolitan area who has a permanent resident status (INS documentation) in the United States, OR
- You are a graduating high school senior who is, or who has a parent who is, an active member of one of the following JACGP sponsoring organizations: Brighton Japanese American Association, Denver Bonsai, Denver Nisei Bowling Association, Fort Lupton Japanese American Citizens League, Japanese American Association of Colorado, Japanese American Community Graduation Program, Japan Firms Association of Colorado, Longmont Buddhist Temple, Mile High Chapter Japanese American Citizens League, Nisei Veterans Heritage Foundation, Sakura Foundation, Simpson United Methodist Church, or Tri-State/Denver Buddhist Temple.
Students may enter a design for this contest whether or not they apply for a scholarship. The design for this contest may be an illustration, photograph, graphic design or a combination of these.
There is a $250.00 award for the selected cover design. The winning design will be used for the graduation dinner booklet cover.
A. Booklet Design
- The design for this contest may be an illustration, photograph, graphic design or a combination of these.
- Cover design must pertain to the Japanese American Community Graduation Program.
- Cover design must include the following text:
- 62nd Annual Japanese American Community Graduation Program
- June 10, 2017
- Your name or initials must not appear on the design.
- A student may submit only one design.
B. Physical Specifications
- The cover size 8½ inches by 11 inches.
- If submitting a digital file, the color space must be four-color process (CMYK), and the resolution must be high-quality (300 dots-per-inch).
C. Submission Directions
- A hard-copy of artwork may be mailed to the committee.
- Include, on a separate sheet of paper, your name, complete address, phone number, e-mail address and a brief explanation of your cover design.
- Mail to:
Japanese American Community Graduation Program
Booklet Cover Design Contest
P.O. Box 13665
Denver, CO 80201-3665
Please note: All entries become property of the JACGP Committee and will not be returned.
- Digital submissions may be uploaded HERE.
Postmarked on or before April 8, 2017.
E. For further information
Contact Arlene Boyer (303) 467-0851, please leave a message.
Completed applications must be received by April 8, 2017 to be considered for this scholarship.
All JACGP scholarship applicants will be invited to and required to attend the Annual JACGP Awards Banquet on June 10, 2017 (attendance exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case-basis).
There is a $250.00 award for the selected cover design.
Selection of the program cover design will be made by the committee on April 12, 2017. The committee reserves the right to forego choosing a winner should they feel the submissions do not meet the qualifications/standards set forth by the committee.